(Last updated: June 5, 2023)
Definition and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to CAST Angling Project via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Personal Data - any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Usage Data - refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation.
GDPR - the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
CAST Angling Project, we, or us - CAST Angling Project, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09337427 whose registered office is at Cornerstone House Tilford Road, Newstead Village, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG15 0BU.
User or You - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (1) employed by CAST Angling Project and acting in the course of their employment or (2) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to CAST Angling Project and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Third-party Social Media Service - refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Affiliate - an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018.
Website - the Website that You are currently using, www.castanglingproject.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Service - refers to this Website.
Country - refers to the United Kingdom.
In this policy, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
1. The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
3. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts, and partnerships.
4. “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”.
5. Reference to any statutory provisions includes any modification or amendment of it.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, CAST Angling Project is the “data controller’. This means that CAST Angling Project determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, Your Data is processed.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personall identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Usage data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile decide, We may collect certain information automatically including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser You use, unique device identified, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deletes as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Persistent and Session Cookies for the purposes set out below:
1. Necessary/Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
2. Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
3. Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
For more information about the Cookies we use and your choices regarding Cookies, please visit Our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
2. To manage Your account: to manage Your registration as a User of the Service.
3. For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the service.
4. To contact You: to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
5. To manage Your requests: to attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situation:
1. With service providers: we may share Your personal information with Service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to show advertisement to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited Our Service or for payment processing.
2. For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
4. With business partners: we may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
5. With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other Users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You, and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· Comply with a legal obligation.
· Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
· Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
· Protect the personal safety or Users of the Service or the public.
· Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
We also may limit how We collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means We will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Service to these users.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.